Is DECtape Read/Write Head "In-the-Weeds" Info Available?

Bob Vines bobvines00 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 13:56:19 CST 2021

Does anyone have "in-the-weeds" information on the DECtape read/write
heads?  I've got several TU-55 transports and a box of DECtapes (thank you
very much Doug!) _and_ Michael's failed DECtape head from several years ago
that I'm de-potting.  I very much want to figure out how to repair
Michael's DECTape head and will return it to him if I can do so.

I've read the document that Al posted a link to in the discussion on DF32s:

"remided me of the problems with rhodium plating on RF08 drives here on
page 9
http://archive.computerhistory.org/resources/access/text/2012/08/102746014-05-01-acc.pdf
"

The "Oral History of Grant Saviers" is interesting and gives a lot of
information about various storage technologies that were used over the
years.  It reminded me of my desire to learn everything I can about DECtape
_and_ DECtape transports.

Maybe the CHM or someone else has interviews or tech data that helps answer
my request?

Bob