80286 Protected Mode Test

Rob Jarratt robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com
Sat Mar 6 17:29:54 CST 2021

I should have said that I have found a few bad tracks and I have fixed them
by adding wires. Previously it would not even POST, but it does now. The CPU
is physically distant from the battery damage. I am trying to understand if
this particular test could fail due to external factors or not so that I can
then investigate if there are other tracks I need to fix.

Incidentally, my repair wires are done very badly, are there any tips on how
to do this well? I have ordered some wire wrap wire because I believe that
is what I should be using, but I haven't got the wire yet.

Thanks

Rob