Any interest in a Floating Point Systems AP-120 array processor?

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Tue Mar 2 08:37:58 CST 2021

On Tue, Mar 02, 2021 at 01:06:24PM +0100, Peter Corlett via cctalk wrote:
[...]
> I'll say. Modern kit gets 1 FLOPS per MHz per core [...]

And indeed with the speed of modern machines with clock speeds in the GHz
and TFLOPS, and thousands of cores in some devices, we use large SI
multipliers so routinely we kind of forget they're there at all, and I made
a typo. It should of course be should be "1 FLOPS per Hz per core", or "1
MFLOPS per MHz per core".