Looking for a potentiometer for restoration project

Ali cctalk at ibm51xx.net
Tue Jan 19 17:36:37 CST 2021

> Out of curiosity, why do you think the pot is bad?
>
> Wayne

Wayne,

I could be totally wrong here (EE definitely was not my major) but

1. Turning the pot does not change the brightness of the screen at all
2. Measuring the pot and adjusting it (i.e. turning the knob) gives me a constant resistance reading. Doing the same thing with the volume pot gives me a range of resistances as expected.

If my thinking is wrong or I should be doing another test I am open to hearing it.

-Ali