ICL PERQ 2 T2 Micropolis 1303 spinning down.

Why 42? The lists account. lists at y42.org
Thu Jan 14 05:20:05 CST 2021

On Sat, Jan 09, 2021 at 04:16:59PM +0100, Mattis Lind via cctech wrote:
> The "shim" method worked fine. The drive spun up and I managed to dump it.
> Imade six dumps and the same five sectors were bad on every read I did.
Fantastic work!

FYI, The info. I have here is that the defect management on the 5.25 Perq
disks was done via software.

There are several ICL Customer Service Information sheets describing how
to deal with bad blocks, mostly involving running utilities like icheck,
ncheck, bbadd and bbswap. But I think all of that relates to the PNX
operating system ...

> So now I have a nice dump of the PERQ 2 system. Wonder what it is on
> it?
The snippit you included suggests (to me) that the installed OS is POS,
the orginal "Perq Operating System".

Can I get a copy?

Cheers,
Robb.