Compuserve

James B DiGriz jbdigriz at dragonsweb.org
Sun Jan 10 16:03:40 CST 2021

On Sun, 10 Jan 2021 13:57:17 -0600
Jason T via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 10, 2021, 05:41 Tomas By via cctalk
> <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Does anybody know if the old Compuserve discussion forums are
> > available anywhere now?
> >
> > I'm specifically interested in the ones about HP Palmtops and
> > cc:Mail.
>
> As far as I know, nothing was saved. It was a massive loss for early
> online history.

Ditto for Delphi, The Source, etc. And Fidonet echos. Some of us tried
to collect and preserve the Delphi TI Forum about 20 years ago when it
was known to still exist on tapes, but nothing ever came of it that I'm
aware of.

There will have been pieces saved here and there, but mostly on floppies or old,
failing hard disks or rotting tapes not stored safely, so if anyone
wants to archive them, they need to do it ASAP.