Dec RQDX: What kind of chips on it?

Mattis Lind mattislind at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 11:32:42 CST 2021

I used the Davids MFM emulator to emulate an RQDX2 formatted disk a few
years ago. I tested both with a RQDX1 and RQDX2. Both were tested with
10.0D firmware. I know that we had some initial problems which David fixed
quickly. As far as I remember I did read disks as well. But I have no
traces of these read disks since the flash of the Beaglebone got erased.

One thing to keep in mind with RQDX1 and RQDX2 is that they are not format
compatible among certain versions. Maybe the firmware that wrote the disk
is older and thus it cannot be read by the mfm emulator since it was
adapted to 10.0D?

/Mattis