Dec RQDX: What kind of chips on it?

Chris Zach cz at alembic.crystel.com
Mon Jan 4 16:40:07 CST 2021

Can someone check to see if a RQDX2 used the Western Digital chips to
interface to MFM drives? Reason I'm asking is the MFM emulator can
identify an RQDX3, and also a Pro/350 controller but this particular
RD52 I have (which was verified by me to run Digital Mumps) is reading as:

root at beaglebone:~/mfm# ./mfm_read -a
Board revision C detected
Found drive at select 3
Returning to track 0
Drive RPM 3525.4
Matches count 36 for controller WD_1006
Header CRC: Polynomial 0x1021 length 16 initial value 0xffff
Sector length 512
Data CRC: Polynomial 0x1021 length 16 initial value 0xffff
Interleave mismatch previous entry 0, 9 was 1 now 0
Selected head 8 found 0, last good head found 7
Read errors trying to determine sector numbering, results may be in error
Number of heads 8 number of sectors 18 first sector 0
Unable to determine interleave. Interleave value is not required
Drive supports buffered seeks (ST412)
Disk has recalibrated to track 0
Stopping end of disk search due to recalibration
Number of cylinders 512, 37.7 MB

Thanks!
CZ