archive of DEC Notes

jim stephens jwsmail at jwsss.com
Tue Feb 23 22:29:42 CST 2021

On 2/23/2021 8:08 PM, s shumaker via cctalk wrote:

> wayback machine has this available
>
> http://www.activityclub.org/decnotes/
I may be missing something, but the download this site has an expired
wetransfer link.   Archive.org when you navigate to that page, says
"available on the web, not archived" (essentially).  In other words it
didn't grab the transfer image when it was live and likely would only
have the useless link to the dead transfer.

That search box might not be useful, that's the only thing I saw.

Even though Bitsavers was pulled across w/o the requested capture of the
capability to navigate it like a hierarchical file system by archive.org
(If I understand what is lacking there), at least all the bitsavers
content is visible on a document level and is all captured.

sites that use devices which need backend code to fetch up stuff won't
go into archive.org unless someone makes a script an gets it to be
activate on archive.org.

Would be nice to have a download of that info.

thanks
Jim