Reading ESDI disks

Nigel Johnson nw.johnson at ieee.org
Thu Feb 11 11:40:56 CST 2021

Doesn't ATA transfer the data in parallel?  ESDI uses the same two
connectors as MFM (20/36 IIRC) , and transfers the data serially.  The
difference between MFM and ESDI is that MFM transfers the raw analogue
data over the cable but ESDI transfers digital serial data.

Nigel Johnson, MSc., MIEEE, MCSE VE3ID/G4AJQ/VA3MCU
Amateur Radio, the origin of the open-source concept!
Skype:  TILBURY2591 nw.johnson at ieee.org