Mystery NCR disk pack

P Gebhardt p.gebhardt at ymail.com
Thu Feb 11 01:46:53 CST 2021

Hello list,

there is an NCR-labelled disk pack offered in the bay with a geometry that I've never come across before:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/353379280282

It seems to be a 14" pack with three platter and six recordable surfaces. The platters themselves are quite thick and the distance between the platters is quite wide compared to the IBM 1316 and 2316 type standards.
Does anybody know if this is really an NCR development or if it is a rebadged pack from another manufacturer?
Any hints to solve this mystery is much appreciated :)

Best regards,
Pierre

PS: I wonder if the seller describing the party dog is describing himself, but partying seemed to be an important part of his life ;)