Apple ][+ ic

John Many Jars john at yoyodyne-propulsion.net
Wed Feb 10 11:07:18 CST 2021

So, I have an Apple ][+.  It is missing an IC at location a3 on the
motherboard.

I don't know why.  it used to work... I think my mind is going.  I have no
memory or removing it.  Anyway, I need another one.  The board is marked
74166.

Can I put any shift register IC with a similar part no, like this one:

74166PC | FAIRCHILD | IC DIP-16 Shift Register (icompplus.com)
<https://www.icompplus.com/en/integrated-circuits/24400/74166PC>

in there, or ?

Thanks,

mark aka john
--
Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems:  "The Future Begins Tomorrow"
Visit us at: http://www.yoyodyne-propulsion.net

--------
"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign,
that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -- Jonathan Swift