Sovier/Russian 132-pin PGA Ceramic IC Packaging

Joshua Rice Rice43 at btinternet.com
Tue Feb 9 11:45:58 CST 2021

Though i’m no expert, it looks like those are more an artefact of production, rather than usable test points. It seems like those pins extend throughout the ceramic substrate, and were most likely produced by pushing the pins through holes in the substrate and then soldering them. This may have been a solution used when the factory making them had limited tooling, or the chip was particularly low volume and more dedicated tooling was uneconomical.