Greaseweazle

Al Kossow aek at bitsavers.org
Wed Feb 3 12:22:16 CST 2021

On 2/3/21 10:17 AM, Mattis Lind wrote:

> I have been looking into designing a 12 bit A/D with a differential amplifier in front which would sample at 6, 12 or 24 Mhz delivering the
> raw samples to the host over USB (FX2LP chips are good at pumping USB data). In this way I have all the info I can get and then applying
> various algorithms to the signal is the task of the host. If the host is quick it might even be able to do processing in
> real-time? (https://github.com/MattisLind/AnalogFluxReader <https://github.com/MattisLind/AnalogFluxReader>) Need to work on the layout now.

There is a prudaq cape for beaglebone that gives you two coherent a/d channels

Before i was locked out of my lab, I had my analog streaming usb setup from magtape hooked up to a floppy with a fluxengine to compare the
output of the read channel with the analog signal out of the preamp

There are a couple of pictures of it on my twitter feed, but twitter doesn't make it easy to find old tweets