Greaseweazle

jim stephens jwsmail at jwsss.com
Wed Feb 3 03:09:50 CST 2021

On 2/2/2021 11:51 PM, Peter Corlett via cctalk wrote:
> The Raspberry Pi Pico has a similar price to the Blue Pill and seems a much
> better machine for this task, although I haven't combed through its
> reference manual yet.
For capture and writing (if that's part of the design) I heard there's a
dedicated coprocessor for the GPIO pins.  It might be useful for
offloading some of the proccessing from some external circuitry to do
the capture or output.

I don't know what's included for the capabilities.  And apparently since
the chip is new, there's only assembler programming for it now.

There's a video comparing the Pico, ESP32, ESP32-S and Blue Pill. The
latter was a bit low in resources compared to the others.

I'll try to find it and post it if anyone's interested.

thanks
Jim