Disabling SCSI parity checking to dump disk on ACB4000 MFM-SCSI adapter?

Tony Duell ard.p850ug1 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 06:42:38 CDT 2020

On Fri, Sep 25, 2020 at 6:33 PM Al Kossow via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> On 9/25/20 10:31 AM, Al Kossow via cctalk wrote:
> > On 9/25/20 10:08 AM, Plamen Mihaylov wrote:
> >> I was able to dump Torch Triple X System V, Release 1 Version 1.2
> >> If anyone is interested I can share the image.
> >
> > I have a Torch Quad X CPU prototype CPU, missing the ASIC
> >

> did the ever scan all the manuals?
> http://www.computinghistory.org.uk/det/1031/Torch-Triple-X/

I have a couple of Triple-Xs and a currently non-working Quad-X

Somewhere I have the schematic I reverse-engineered of the Triple-X. I
can dig it out and scan it if there's any interest.

I also seem to have 13 tiff files which claim to be the official
quad-X CPU board schematic which again I can share.

I don't know if I kept the Triple-X service manual. I had it at one
point and it was useless! No schematics. No pinouts. A block diagram
with major errors. And a glossary with entries like :

'IC : Integrated Circuit. one of those black things on legs on a circuit board
ICs : More than one IC'

I am not making that up.

[And it's not even accurate. The 68000, 68450 and 68451 are in ceramic
packages and are therefore not black. Two of the ICs on the Omti
SCSI-ST412 interface are  in PLCC packages and are therefore not 'on
legs']

-tony