Disabling SCSI parity checking to dump disk on ACB4000 MFM-SCSI adapter?

Jonas M jm at x25.ee
Thu Sep 24 12:04:17 CDT 2020

Hi,

I remember I used Linux with an AdvanSys PCI adapter to successfully read a disk
connected through an ACB4000. It's been a while but I believe I had to run
an old kernel which I compiled myself with support for ACB4000. Might have
been that a patch was applied.

All I found in my archives is a copy of the dmesg from the host showing:

Linux version 2.0.38 (root at localhost.localdomain) (gcc version 2.7.2.3) #2 Wed Nov 11 20:33:21 CET 2009
[...]
scsi0 : AdvanSys SCSI 3.1E: PCI Ultra 16 CDB: IO D400/F, IRQ 12
scsi : 1 host.
scsi0 channel 0 : resetting for second half of retries.
SCSI bus is being reset for host 0 channel 0.
advansys: advansys_reset: reset request not active or waiting, completing anyway fbd018
  Vendor: ADAPTEC   Model: ACB-40XX          Rev: 1.00
  Type:   Direct-Access                      ANSI SCSI revision: 01
Detected scsi disk sda at scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
SCSI device sda: hdwr sector= 512 bytes. Sectors= 148135 [72 MB] [0.1 GB]
 sda: unknown partition table

Can try to dig around old disks some day to see if I find the patch.

Br,
Jonas