Care and feeding of some Lisp machines (TI Explorer and Xerox Star)

Josh Dersch derschjo at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 17:11:16 CDT 2020

On Tue, Sep 15, 2020 at 2:31 PM Al Kossow via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
wrote:

> On 9/15/20 2:24 PM, Michael Engel via cctalk wrote:
>
> >> A simulator is in development.
> >
> > I found this web page by Seth Morabito:
> https://loomcom.com/blog/0120_the_next_emulator.html
> > Is this the simulator that is under development?
> >
> > Best,
> >      Michael
> >

> yes, one of them
> there is also a skeleton driver in MAME for the 4404
>
> Josh and I both have 4404s we've been trying to get running.
> I have some docs and software for the 4404 on bitsavers

I did recently get my 4404 running, at last.  It runs nicely off of a
SCSI2SD, replacing the SCSI->MFM bridge, should you so choose.  I can share
the disk image I did of a clean install of the OS, languages, and tools
that are available on Bitsavers.

I also have an MFM emulator image of a disk that I believe went to a 4406,
but I cannot confirm that it's bootable.

- Josh