Strange magtape anecdote

Boris Gimbarzevsky boris at summitclinic.com
Mon Oct 26 20:30:18 CDT 2020

Thanks for that Al.  Never thought about humidity and mag tapes as
only time I used to backup data to 9 track tapes was in Vancouver
where humidity always high.  Also used Time Shoppa's and Kevin
McGuigan's drives to extract data from those tapes in
Vancouver.  Doubt I'll be copying any more of my mag tapes but will
definitely keep that in mind in case I do that in Kamloops where RH
quite low in winter.  Have a humidity sensor in my guitar case as
have to moisten a sponge every few weeks to go in guitar so wood
doesn't crack.  Can detect shrinkage of wood by increase in resonant
frequency of strings increasing as wood shrinks.  Also take extreme
care when touching any non-TTL IC during winter here.