Firing up the pdt11

Pete Turnbull pete at dunnington.plus.com
Tue Oct 13 17:04:24 CDT 2020

On 13/10/2020 22:28, Chris Zach via cctalk wrote:
> Then I guess the question rattling around my brain is "How did I get
> this Elephant Memory systems disk formatted?"

RX01 format is a standard IBM format used by many systems, including
many CP/M ones, so it was possible to buy pre-formatted disks.  Maybe
they came that way.

> I do have a card around here called an RXV21 from Plessy or something
> like that, maybe it could talk to an RX01 drive and format the disks?

Many 3-party controllers could.  Mine isn't a Plessey one, but it can do
that - but mine connects to standard SA800-style drives, not an RX02.  I
also have a Baydel F311 controller, which also can format disks and
connects to standard SA800-style drives, but it only does single density.

--
Pete
Pete Turnbull