WTB: AUI cables

Bill Gunshannon bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 17 17:22:33 CST 2020

On 11/17/20 4:57 PM, Chuck Guzis via cctalk wrote:
> On 11/17/20 1:03 PM, Bill Gunshannon via cctalk wrote:
>
>> Agony?  Considering the alternatives to compare it to at the time
>> not really much agony.
>
> (Sorry for the blank response, but my email client has moved the buttons!)
>
> At any  rate, I'll take 10Base2 over 10Base5 any day.  Lots of BNC
> fittings

Which was nice until one of your users wanted to move their desk or
computer and put an extension between the T-connector and the computer.

>           I find to be preferable to "vampire taps" and tape measures.
> Just remember the terminators.

If you were using yellow ethernet cable and not generic RG-8 no
tape measure.  The tap locations were marked on the jacket.  And
vampire taps were no big deal.  I still have my drill.  Biggest
problem was keeping the building electricians from grounding the
terminators at both ends.

bill