Replacing the Flyback Transformer From My VAXmate

Rob Jarratt robert.jarratt at
Sun May 17 07:22:16 CDT 2020

I am about as certain as I can be that the flyback transformer from my
VAXmate monitor board has failed. I know this is probably impossible, but I
am wondering if there is a way to find a more modern equivalent? How
standardised are these things? I do see a lot that appear to have the same
circular arrangement of the pins.


The VAXmate one is a Tai-Ho TH-1802B and according the Technical Description
has a primary voltage of +28V and produces auxiliary voltages as follows:


+13.1kV @85uA max

+950V @200uA

+45V @75mA max

-100V @1.2mA





More information about the cctech mailing list