HPE OpenVMS Hobbyist license program is closing

Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw at lug-owl.de
Sat Mar 21 03:25:38 CDT 2020

On Fri, 2020-03-20 22:58:35 -0000, Rob Jarratt <robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> > Actually, I'm searching (more active than ever) for a proper location to put all
> > of my hardware to. I already have shelves, controllable power plugs, and just
> > today an EPROM reader/writer arrived. Though I'm unsure (to use fair
> > language) when there'll be a really up-to-date working Linux port. But maybe
> > at some time, there'll be one!
>
> Out of interest, what controllable power plugs (sockets?) are you using?

I've bought a good pile of those from a local Do-It-Yourself brand
("OBI"), which was this product:
https://www.obi.de/hausfunksteuerung/wifi-stecker-schuko/p/2291706
Though I don't use the original firmware, but started to write
something on my own: https://github.com/jbglaw/obi-steckdose .
That's not completely finished, but my intent is to have the plug
available for powering the device, as well as using the ESP8266's
serial port (in combination with a MAX232) to make it a terminal
server as well. (Also, it shall be able to log any traffic to a Syslog
server, so that occassional Oopses etc. are preserved.)

  As an alternative which can actually still be bought, I'd like to
evaluate the Shelly Plug S (https://shelly.cloud/shelly-plug-s/), but
I don't have it here right now.

MfG, JBG