DZ11 EIA dist panel on eBait

Tony Duell ard.p850ug1 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 09:58:21 CDT 2020

On Tue, Jun 30, 2020 at 3:17 PM ed--- via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> June 27, 2020 8:05 PM, "Noel Chiappa via cctalk" <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
> > https://www.ebay.com/itm/224058116598
> >
> > Noel
>
> Looks nice, but the cover, the static filter and the 2 small flatcables with twisted wires are missing.
> Connecting a DZ11 directly to the pcb with the connectors won't work directly as expected.

Why not? I've linked up DZ11s to the distribution panel PCB with a
straight ribbon cable and had no problems.

The RFI filters effectively swap odd and even pins in the cable (the
pins are straight through the filter but of course you look at them
from opposite sides). That's why the short ribbon cables between the
filters and the distribution panel are not straight through but have
crossover connections.. But if you remove both the filter and the
crossover cable it will work as you expect.

-tony