RSTS/E has just had its 50th Birthday...

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Sun Jun 28 16:08:22 CDT 2020

    > From: Paul Koning

    > RSTS/E of course has a bunch of new stuff in it to deal with mapping,
    > but the bulk of the code carries over from RSTS-11.

I was assuming that the basic intermal environment was sufficiently different
that not a lot of the OS-level code could carry over, but I guess not.

DId you actually work on RSTS-11 internals (I don't know your exact dates at
DEC), or did you just read the source?

And speaking of which, are any RSTS-11 sources still extant? I found the RSTS
directory on BitSavers, but it seems to have only manuals.

	  Noel