IDE-SD adapter question

Richard Cini rich.cini at verizon.net
Fri Jun 26 17:08:13 CDT 2020

Off hand, I wonder if the 486 doesn’t support logical block addressing in the BIOS (or its not enabled). Modern machines (and those of a Windows 95 vintage) do not use CHS addressing (cylinder, head, sector) any longer.

SD cards usually don’t return Sector errors because of the dynamic remapping the firmware does.

Rich