Fixing an RK8E ....

Robert Armstrong bob at jfcl.com
Fri Jun 19 14:24:55 CDT 2020

  It appears that my RK8E has a problem - it fails the diskless control test
with

	.R DHRKAE.DG
	SR= 0000

	COMMAND REGISTER ERROR
	PC:1160 GD:0000 CM:0001
	DHRKAE  FAILED   PC:6726  AC:0000  MQ:7777  FL:0000
	WAITING

Ok, maybe a bad bit in the command register so I'll check it out.  But then
it dawns on me - how do you work on this thing?  It's three boards connected
with "over the top" connectors - you can't use a module extender on it.
Worse, the M7105 Major Registers board is the middle one of the stack!   Is
there some secret to working on this thing?  Has anybody fixed one?  Any
suggestions?

  I hadn't thought about it before, but the KK8E CPU would have the same
problem.  Fingers crossed that one never dies...

Bob