Amiga Vendors?

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 08:05:22 CDT 2020

On Thu, 11 Jun 2020 at 20:31, ben via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> And soon another version of something so marketing has new something
> to make you buy a new version hardware and software.The problem was with
> Amiga it was designed as 'game box' rather than a computer. (Nowdays you
> phone is PC and the PC is a TV/game box.)
> You want a computer, run IBM pc software on the Amiga. Since the
> PC it is all about marketing and 'gee wiz' look at that, not hardware,
> or being able to write structured programs.

Well yes.

I have some hope that AROS might reach a more usable state and run
natively on the Raspberry Pi.

Linux is still UNIX™, which is a complicated OS which requires a lot
of maintenance, whereas children kept Amigas running for years. AROS
on a £25/$30 computer could be a good fun/educational toy OS for kids.

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk – gMail/gTalk/gHangouts: lproven at gmail.com