Restarting Old Amiga's

Antonio Carlini a.carlini at ntlworld.com
Mon Jun 8 17:32:20 CDT 2020

On 08/06/2020 21:24, Ethan O'Toole via cctalk wrote:

> On the Amiga A501 trap door memory expansion, there is a battery for
> the time clock that will leak. It can damage the memory board. Also,
> the off gassing of it can cause corrosion in the main computer as well.

I checked my Amiga a few months ago. It does have the A501, but mine is
not fitted with a battery. The PCB has the "outline" for where the
battery should be, but no battery. It doesn't look like it's been
removed by anyone either (unless they did an exceptionally fine job ...).

No idea why mine has no battery.

Antonio

--
Antonio Carlini