System Pro WAS RE: Compaq Smart Array 3200 Controller as a SCSI Controller

Grant Taylor cctalk at gtaylor.tnetconsulting.net
Thu Jul 16 12:08:37 CDT 2020

On 7/16/20 9:40 AM, Ali via cctalk wrote:
> there was even a version of MS LanMan (the full server OS not the client)

Please elaborate on what you mean by "the full server OS".

My understanding is that Microsoft LAN Manager was an /add-on/ product
that could be installed /on/ /top/ /of/ an /existing/ server OS.  I've
seen MS LAN Man in associateion with DOS, Windows (3.x / NT), and OS/2.

There is also IBM LAN Manager.  I can't articulate the differences
between IBM and Microsoft LAN Manager.  Much like I can't articulate the
differences between IBM OS/2 and Microsoft OS/2.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die