Dilithium Press (Computer Books)

dwight dkelvey at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 15 18:16:04 CDT 2020

Oops forgot Mike's page:
https://deramp.com/downloads/polymorphic/poly-88/software/Tape%20Images/BASIC/
Dwight

________________________________
From: dwight <dkelvey at hotmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2020 4:14 PM
To: dwight <dkelvey at hotmail.com>; General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
Subject: Re: Dilithium Press (Computer Books)

On Mikes page is a cassette copy of "hunt the Wumpus". It is in basic and is cassette data. One can easily strip the cassette headers out but the BASIC commands are encoded in the special characters. One could, without too much difficulty figure what most of the BASIC commands were and strip them out. It I have time, I could get my Poly88 up and running to create a listing in plain BASIC. The graphical part would still need some translation to what ever machine one wanted to target it to.
Still, looking at the text/encoded characters, in a file viewer like Xtree, one could figure out the BASIC commands. It is easier than working out an encrypted message with fore knowledge of BASIC.
Dwight