TM848 repair?

Jim Brain brain at jbrain.com
Mon Jul 13 17:23:10 CDT 2020

On 7/13/2020 2:11 PM, Chuck Guzis via cctalk wrote:
> On 7/13/20 12:00 PM, Mike Stein via cctalk wrote:
>> Shouldn't be too difficult to troubleshoot; have you got the manual?
>>
>> Start by checking the 24V > 12V regulator...
> Second that!  I've had to replace more than one regulator on 848s; also
> the 100 ohm resistor (R1) and electrolytic capacitor(C6) on the input
> side of the regulator.
>
> --Chuck

You, my good man, need some funds.  I will send funds so you can grab a
beer or something!

The one unit has a bad resistor (need to order), while the other has a
shorted C6 (temp replaced with a radial cap while I order one of those.
That one boots now.

I was dreading trying to debug these things, and no doubt they won't all
be this easy, but some early success foes wonders for confidence to
continue.  Thanks for the help!

Jim

--
Jim Brain