SCSI2SD & Amiga's (was: About to dump a bunch of Compaq SCSC...)

emanuel stiebler emu at e-bbes.com
Tue Jul 7 13:14:07 CDT 2020

On 2020-07-07 13:46, Zane Healy via cctalk wrote:

> Am I correct that a v5.1 SCSI2SD should work just fine?  Anything I need to be aware of?
>
> I’ve been interested in these for ages, in part as a way to have quieter systems, but have never purchased one.

Not completely to the subject, but I got some of those, and they work
nicely on my VAXStation 4000/90, where most other designs failed.

Watch for Asia copies of the version 5, go for the "original" 6 from the
guy who made it.

Just a little trick I use a lot:

take a nice big/fast SD_CARD, and partiton it with the first partition
of 1GByte, the others to your liking.

So you can simply dd your install media on a pc to the sd-card,
and install on the real machine from device id0 ...

Cheers