About to dump a bunch of Compaq SCSI disk caddies (and disks)

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 09:48:18 CDT 2020

On Mon, 6 Jul 2020 at 22:19, Johan Helsingius via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have a box full of Compaq SCSI server disk caddies (with 9.1G disks in
> them). Feels silly to dump them into e-waste recycling, but there
> probably isn't much point in shipping them very far either (I am in
> Amsterdam).

I would also suggest advertising or offering these online. Vintage Mac
collectors, as well as all manner of vintage UNIX box collectors, are
finding it increasingly difficult to find SCSI drives these days. Some
are happy to go with SCSI2SD but for others it lacks authenticity, or
they want the speeds, noises etc. too.

I suspect you will easily find people who would take them for _at
least_ the cost of shipping them.

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk – gMail/gTalk/gHangouts: lproven at gmail.com