Sun external SMD cables

jim stephens jwsmail at jwsss.com
Thu Feb 13 17:42:37 CST 2020

On 2/13/2020 10:05 AM, Alan Perry via cctalk wrote:

<Liam Proven>
>> I have a box of old Sun SCSI cables I
>> set aside more or less for this reason, as I gave away or sold all my
>> Sun kit.
<snip>
> Data a single is 25-pin cable, but I have two drives. so ideally need
> two. Command is a pair of cables, one 25-pin and the other 37-pin. I
> don't know if the pins are straight through or whether they do any
> swapping from one end to the other.
>
> alan

Liam, he's looking for SMD, which need a Bus and Radial.  One Bus can
daisy chain from drive to drive, and us usually 60 pin.  The radial RF
cables are usually 26 pin ribbon.  A separate cable from the controller
to each drive is required to hook up the system.

You're thinking about the 50 pin D-sub that went to the older deskside
bricks for workstations.

thanks
Jim