Keyboard storage

ED SHARPE couryhouse at aol.com
Tue Dec 22 11:49:03 CST 2020

Let's try this...

Had a ibm orig pc key board shipped in large flat rate Game size box.

Alas it was dropped on the corner and torn somewhat.

I had to remount keyboard pc inside the case that had moved  and hardest part was getting ground wire back

Worse part was one of the corner edge flip up things that keeps key at an angle bad snapped off.     Museum needs parts to fix this  as it is nice to display keyboard at an angle

Alas  that particular Clicky keyboard is extremely heavy ... this is the one for first ever ibm pc.   Corner drop shock is a killer.

  Beware  pack these early keyboards really well...

OK does anyone have parts for the little mechanism on the end that keeps keyboard tilted at an angle?

.Ed Sharpe archivist for SMECC museum project
On Tuesday, December 22, 2020 Fred Cisin via cctalk <cisin at xenosoft.com; cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
On Tue, 22 Dec 2020, ED SHARPE via cctalk wrote:
> Had a ibm orig pc key board shipped in large flat rate. Game size box.  Alas was,dropped on. Ornery and torn some on box... I had to remount keyboard pc inside that had moved lo and neef nd one of the corner edge til tje kry bad snapped off...    that particular Clicky keyb I ad is extremely heavy for first ever ibm pc.    Be ware  pack really well......
> Help anyone got parts for the tilter
> ...thing  for these keyboards????
> ...ed sharpe

May we suggest that you switch temporarily to a working keyboard (or
"keyb" if you prefer) until you can repair the shipping damage.
What is "lo and neef nd"?
"til tje kry bad"?
It must be hard on you to have to proofread and fix all of the errors that
it creates.