IBM lamps required

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Thu Dec 17 10:42:14 CST 2020

On 12/16/2020 05:40 PM, robinson--- via cctalk wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am setting up an IBM 2803 and 2804 INTEFACE test panel.
> I need some lamps and lamp holders for it,
> lamp voltage not important,
> lamp color not important.
>
> Does anyone have any for sale
> or know where I can get some please.

These are going to be VERY hard to find.  Some people have
saved 360 front panels, but are not likely to part with the
bulbs.  What you might need to do, if function is not
required, is to get a single lamp from somebody, and 3D
print some pieces to assemble into a facsimile.

These lamps were not off-the-shelf items, but were either
made internally by IBM or made for them.
They were used on a wide range of IBM machinery from that
time period.  We used to have an ashtray on the CPU console
with a dozen or more of them, so the operators could replace
them when they burned out.  Obviously, millions of burned
out ones were thrown out.

Jon