found it: first speech synthesizer (at least, for S-100 systems)

Stan Sieler sieler at allegro.com
Wed Dec 16 02:09:48 CST 2020

Hi,
I'd like to apologize for referring to the OCR of the Byte article as a
"fairly bad OCR".
I was thinking of the garbled sections that may be the result of trying to
OCR graphics.

The vast majority of the text comes across clearly, and I don't want to
insult whoever volunteered their time to do the OCR'ing ... I know how
tedious it can be!

I've been spoiled by OCR programs that produce their output as pdfs with
searchable text,
and should have remembered the results I get when I look at just their text!

Stan