Gateway Electronics (was Al Lasher's electronics closing.)

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Mon Dec 7 21:17:11 CST 2020

On 12/07/2020 06:52 PM, jwest--- via cctalk wrote:
> I'm curious if the other St. Louis members knew of these
> same places. I suspected I was the only one hunting them... J
Shapiro Supply used to have a place in the city of St. Louis
on Pennsylvania avenue, in the shadow of the Carter
Carburetor superfund site.  They mostly dealt in scrap
metal, but had a modest pile of test gear and such from
McDonnell and Emerson bids.  I got a few things from them.
After they moved a half mile or so NorthEast, they seemed to
get much more into the industrial supply of non-ferrous
metal, and the interesting surplus lots seemed to be much
sparser.  They do still have some bits and pieces in the
basement.  I haven't been there in a couple of years, I think.

Jon