Scientific Micro Systems driver

Zane Healy healyzh at avanthar.com
Thu Aug 27 15:56:27 CDT 2020

On Aug 27, 2020, at 1:24 PM, Douglas Taylor via cctech <cctech at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> All;
>
> SMS made disk controller systems that used their own device driver, seemed to be an enhanced DY (RX02) driver.  Does anyone have the driver/formatting software?
>
> The model I have is FWD 0106 and is described in bitsavers:
>
> http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/sms/brochures/SMS_FWD0106,1106_Flyer_Aug82.pdf
>
> Doug

I’ve never seen it.  I used to have two SMS-1000’s, one had a 5.25” floppy, the other an 8”.  The disk controllers were part of why I sold them, the other is I found someone that needed them for production systems, and paid $$$’s. :-)  The two I had had the dual height /73 boards without boot ROMs or SLU’s.  As part of the deal, I got a quad-height /73 board, fully loaded. :-)

Zane