Buying and running an IBM PC-XT in 2020

Richard Cini rich.cini at verizon.net
Thu Aug 27 09:16:18 CDT 2020

There are a few 8-bit VGA boards with dual outputs (9-pin EGA and 15-pin VGA) that I keep in stock. Quadram makes them. That way I can use either the VGA on my KVM setup or a vintage monitor. I’ve also stockpiled various ISA cards like MFM, SCSI and memory expansion like BocaRAM or AboveBoard.

In my AT, I have a Quadram board, BocaRAM (2MB) and an Adapted AHA-1522. Works great.