old data books?

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Sat Aug 22 18:20:23 CDT 2020

On 08/22/2020 03:02 PM, Tom Uban via cctalk wrote:
> I'm trying to reduce the amount of "stuff" I have and I've been carrying around a significant number
> of old data books. My plan has always been to have all of the resources I need in my retirement
> (assuming I get there) to work on and repair the various vintage computing hardware I've also
> collected over time and have been storing.
>
> My question is if I this information is all now available online or if I need to keep these data
> books. My guess is that it is some of both.
No, they are NOT all available online.  A lot of old stuff
is, and that's great, but some really ODD circuits that were
used in a limited number of products might not be found
online.  Which oddball chips are not represented is really
hard to say.  But, in repairing some old gear at work, I
have run across some chips that were ONLY found in my stock
of old databooks.  That might be less of an issue today than
20 years ago, though.

Jon