Sun/3-powered 737 flight sim

Chris Hanson cmhanson at eschatologist.net
Mon Aug 17 18:25:59 CDT 2020

On Aug 17, 2020, at 10:52 AM, Michael Thompson via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> I have a Sun 3/E, including a SCSI/Ethernet board, that ran fine the last
> time it was powered on. There is a collector in southern Germany who also
> has a 3/E board set. I didn't see any contact information for the simulator
> owners.

The originator of the Reddit thread works on this simulator and is the point of contact.

They're really interested in moving off the Sun 3/e rather than continuing to try to get spare parts etc. I've also suggested they check the capacitors and fuses, especially on the Ethernet/SCSI cards, since the originator claims multiple failures. The Ethernet fuse in particular is likely very easy to trip because people these days aren't used to AUI adapters which generally *can not* be hot-plugged without blowing a fuse.

  -- Chris