Charles Lasner [Was: Re: LINC-8]

jim stephens jwsmail at jwsss.com
Tue Apr 28 01:26:42 CDT 2020

On 4/27/2020 6:53 PM, Al Kossow via cctalk wrote:
> On 4/27/20 6:34 PM, Bill Degnan via cctalk wrote:
>> He said he had his own OS that he wanted me to try out
>
> that wish has dragged on for decades
> I hope whoever ends up with his estate knows people are interested in
> P?S/8
>
> http://www.vcfed.org/forum/showthread.php?49581-Some-P-S-8-files-have-appeared-might-we-see-it-in-our-lifetimes

Talk on the PDP8 page that there will be a dump of all of the OS and
other assets to be public.

Bob Vines:    4/27/20

Charlie Lasner passed from COVID-19 on 03 Apr 2020. He was still
perfecting P?S/8. We've managed to image his non-password-protected
computer drives in an attempt at recovering P?S/8.
Assuming that we're successful _and_ his widow gives permission, we'll
make it available "as is." We'll also have his documentation (that he
wrote & used before writing the code) and make it available too. When
bugs turn up, hopefully skilled users will make corrections and share
them -- perhaps on GitHub.
Bob

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1751201531858202/

Thanks