Bob Davis and old computer stuff

Tony Duell ard.p850ug1 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 06:45:23 CDT 2020

On Sat, Apr 25, 2020 at 11:29 PM Rob Jarratt via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> Always wanted a Perq since using one in the 80s when I worked briefly at ICL. Guess this is all in the USA though.

You're making me feel very greedy, as I have 4 of them. All different,
and none for sale...

> Regards
>
> Rob
>
> > There appear to be at least two Perqs, several boxes of floppies, junk all over
> > the place, a couple of Sun VMEs, what might be part of a Sun 3/50, big weird
> > boards, at least 3 pdp11 q bus boxes, and the like. I tagged the Perqs, brought
> > home some boxes of floppies and said I would see if anyone would help.

The 'big weird boards' may be part of the prototype PERQ 3 system (I
know Bob had some of that) which is essentially unique and therefore
worth saving. Not to be confused with the UK PERQ AGW3300 (aka PERQ
3a) which is a 68020 Unix box made by ICL, rare but not unique.

-tony