ICL1501 Cobol manual available

Dave Wade dave.g4ugm at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 03:35:09 CDT 2020

What fun what joy. When I worked with a Honeywell H3200, a 1401 clone.
Ours had 20Mb disks and really odd very high speed 1200bpi NRZI tape that nothing else would read .
Running a tape sort was a joy to watch, especially when it used the backward read...
We did use the disk sort. It was called DSORT6 and was not very reliable.
The instructions said:-

"If a DSORT6 job fails try running in a larger partition. If it still fails try it a smaller partition"

Dave