Old FORTRAN programs, libraries, graphics

emanuel stiebler emu at e-bbes.com
Wed Apr 8 08:18:02 CDT 2020

On 2020-04-06 22:48, Douglas Taylor via cctech wrote:
> Got similar interests here.  I've been using PGPLOT on the Vax since it
> came out, the price was right!
> Tried to get it to work with a Tektronix 4207, but something is a little
> different between it and the 4105 series.
> I was able to get an old version of Gnuplot (3.4) to compile and run on
> a Vax alpha under Openvms 8.4.
> It wouldn't compile on a 32 Vax under OpenVms 7.3, too bad, I had wanted
> to run gnuplot on that machine.  Maybe I needed an older version of
> gnuplot.

That's pretty much the setup I was trying. VAX & PDP11, an some fun ;-)

However, a Tektronix Terminal is still not in the budget or space, so I
will probably go with the RPI 4 setup

https://github.com/rricharz/Tek4010

But probably just use a Ubuntu for the display, as it gives a better
resolution ...

CHEERS!