Identifying Machine for DEC Memory

Maciej W. Rozycki macro at linux-mips.org
Wed Apr 1 11:23:20 CDT 2020

On Wed, 1 Apr 2020, Antonio Carlini via cctalk wrote:

> I did have a quick hunt on the net for IPBs for any of these systems, but with
> no luck. manx shows a few service manuals but they had the MS4x numbers.

 The look does match MS01-AA though as shown in Figure 5-9 on page 5-16 of
"DECstation 5000 Model 100 Series Maintenance Guide", EK-PM32G-MG-003 (aka
pm32gmg3.pdf).  OTOH a single module from an MS01-AA pair is listed as FRU
57-30735-02 there, so it may not be compatible after all.

 I have several of MS01-AA modules, but all in remote locations, so I
won't be able to check them anytime soon (given the current situation).

  Maciej