Update: Received my 50lb Datapoint 2200 computer from Austria via regular post.

steven stengel tosteve at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 27 16:53:29 CDT 2019

Sorry for top-post - it’s the yahoo app. So the purpose of the extra screen layer is to prevent crt implosion?
How did you remove it?
It’s safe to remove it, as long as I don’t hit the screen with a hammer?
Thanks-Steve.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Tuesday, September 24, 2019, 1:34 AM, jos via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

On 23.09.19 23:36, steven stengel via cctalk wrote:
> First, I have to rewire it from 220vac to 110vac.

Lucky you, I would have driven over if had known about it ! Only a one-day return trip for me....

Be carefully : some parts on the big cooling block are directly connected to mains.

> Second - what to do about that screen?

Repair / clean it of course. This is what I did to my DP1100 :

Before : ftp://ftp.dreesen.ch/Datapoint/Pictures/Console/CPU_before.jpg

During : ftp://ftp.dreesen.ch/Datapoint/Pictures/Console/Pull_off_remaining_goo.jpg

Result  : ftp://ftp.dreesen.ch/Datapoint/Pictures/Console/CPU_after.jpg

.. and the full machine, in its orginal Datapoint desk :

ftp://ftp.dreesen.ch/Datapoint/Pictures/Datapoint_1100.jpg

Jos