fix? Repair? or leave alone? http://rcade.camden.rutgers.edu/2020symposium.html

allison allisonportable at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 13:23:57 CDT 2019

On 9/27/19 2:07 PM, Chuck Guzis via cctalk wrote:
> On 9/27/19 9:22 AM, Brent Hilpert via cctalk wrote:
>> On 2019-Sep-27, at 6:47 AM, Paul Koning via cctalk wrote:
>>> I make it a habit to assume that every email which contains just a
>>> link but no explanation is a scam with a forged sender address.
>>>
>>> Ed, if this is actually from you and actually real, and you want
>>> people to look at it, you need to say what the link is.

>> "... explored these processes of repair and has focused on their
>> non-linear temporalities."
>>
>> "Repair does not necessarily focus solely on “the reproduction of
>> social and material order,” but also opens up space for the
>> “creative, inventive and innovative work that happens in the process
>> of fixing, across human and non-human bodies."
>>
>> "... offering us a way to historicize and contextualize the work of
>> repair and maintenance. That means avoiding the romanticization of
>> repair while also recognizing “traditions of women's work, domestic
>> and reproductive labor, and all acts of preservation, formal and
>> informal.”"
>>

>> Don't waste your time, unless you're going for some entertainment in
>> watching ridiculous people.
>
> My reaction also--bunch of word salad devoid of meaningful information
> that reads like someone's attempt at a dissertation.
>
> --Chuck

This topic has gotten far more words and attention than the poorly
written mental spew that pretends to be intellectual.  If I were
grading their work it would be a D- and a fail is less significant.

The scam is eating your time which is worth something with nothing in
reward.  Lets call it 5 minutes you will never get back.

Allison